The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My main issue with this one is the...

: Perhaps the most interesting sentence is
: towards the end - - - that TAG-Heuer is
: assembling the Monaco Sixty Nine at the
: brand’s production facility in La
: Chaux-de-Fonds. Over recent years, TAG-Heuer
: has had some detractors, who claim that it
: is a "brand" rather than a
: manufacturer. It will be interesting to see
: how the datractors spin things, as TAG-Heuer
: regains is position as a leading
: manufacturer.

My main issue with this one is the 5,000euro SRP for this watch... At current exchange rates that's a skosch over $6,000. That's a lot of money for a mainly quartz watch. I like the innovation, I like that they are (apparently) making the movement, I just wish they were working more seriously to wean themselves off of ETA/Swatch controlled movements. Especially for the Classic's line.

-- Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE