The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Dynamic Replacement Strap
In Response To: Dynamic Replacement Strap ()

: from Derek I believe) showing an Omega
: Dynamic with a brown suede strap

Yes, that was likely me. Though one of the factory strap options for it was a brown bomber-jacket-looking leather strap.

The Dynamic has an amazing ability to look great on a NUMBER of different strap options. My favorites are:

• Black sharkskin

• Bown leather, expecially distressed leather

• Yellow leather or 'kevlar'

Currently, I'm wearing mine on a yellow sharkskin-look strap. It is actually a 19mm one that was the original on a Citizen sport watch. A local shop had it surplus (guy who bought the watch didn't want it) so literally gave it to me!

Have ordered a custom yellow alligator strap for it. Will post photos when that scomes in.

: Where did you get the strap?

Dakota Watch Company. They have kiosks in a local mall. Only place I've ever found distressed leather straps. For locations and coupons, check their website at http://www.dakotawatchco.com. Prices are extremely good--like in the $15-25 range.

: Since 19mm is not so common, do you ever
: use 18mm or 20mm on the Dynamic.

Yes. The Dynamic non-chrono is on the high side of 19, so many 20mm straps squinch in without looking like a bad fit.

: difficult to change the out? Do I need any
: tools?

Easy to do and only takes one inexpensive tool. If you go to Dakota, I think they even sell them there. But for more info, read the WATCH STRAPS article in the Consumer Zone here on Chronocentric. It tells you much of what you need to know about straps.

Photos below are:
1) Dakota suede strap,
2) Citizen yellow shark-look leather,
3) Yellow 'kevlar' from Howard Marx,
4) Green NATO from Howard Marx (also looks superb on gray NATO strap).

Messages In This Thread

Dynamic Replacement Strap
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE