The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Help/Questions regarding Seamaster professiona

: Hey,
: just came across your board. I recently
: received an Omega Seamaster Professional.
: shortly after receiving it I noticed a piece
: of dust on the face of the watch and then
: today when screwing in the crown I noticed a
: winding sound. this obviously would occur in
: position #1, but never while screwing in the
: crown. Are these things to worry about? The
: watch was purchased from an official delaer
: and has the red dot on the back, not sure
: why I am having these problems. Thanks for
: any help

: MK

Ahh, running into Omega dial problems? This seems to be the weakest part of the watch. I have a SMP and the second markers are quite inconsistent in their thickness. Nobody can see this of course unless the watch is 4 inches from their face and they look real hard, but it is an annoying thing nonetheless. I would recommend taking it in to see if you can have the dust removed or even get a replacement. If it is going to be a hassle and take weeks to get the watch serviced, I would just live with it. In 6 months you probably won't think much of it once the novelty of the watch has worn off. Omega does have issues with their dial quality control so you are not the only one dealing with this.

Messages In This Thread

Help/Questions regarding Seamaster professional
Dust inside SMP
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE