The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: what are you talking about!?!??

Well it seems that I’m alone on this. First of all when I meant a watch for the “masses” I didn’t mean it literally. I was relatively comparing the Seamaster 300M line to the rest of the Omega line. When I was choosing between the Seamaster and the Speedmaster I asked what Omega was selling the most and my dealer informed me that hands down it’s the Seamaster that Bond wears.

Of course $800 for 300m quartz is not cheap but I again was comparing it in relative term vs. other Omega lines. Now what I mean to imply was that the name Omega implies a sense of prestige to me-- of course not in the realm of Patek or Breguet but when you have a slight higher then the average (average) Joe that saw the Bond movies and now have to get it – to me the impression of this watch has changed for me and at $800 or lower its not that hard to save up from a little dining out or tighten down some other shopping items to attain this watch. Come guys a mini vacation costs more.

Also of course watching having the watch that Bond wears has some influence on the people that buy this watch and people do think what others are thinking if not then why would anyone buy a Benz, or a BMW or a Bentley?? People buy such things to show off in some ways to tell the masses that hey I’m different from you guys because I can afford a car or a watch that you can not afford. So by making this watch so “relatively” cheap in the prestigious timepiece world and due to Bond making it so disable it has become a trendy watch for the avg. Joe that can scrounge up $800.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE