The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega "Dynamic"
In Response To: Omega "Dynamic" *LINK* *PIC* ()

Here is the info I got from Derek.
Thanks,
Brad

: Posted By: Derek Ziglar (zOwie)
Date: 7/14/03 20:17 GMT

In Response To: 98-99- dynamic (brad peters)

: I could use some technical-historical data on

: the 98-99 Omega dynamic watches. Anything

They are based on the general style of WWII Omega pilot's watches.

The chronograph version has a timing scale marked in increments of 3 minutes. That was for timing the increments in which payphone calls used to be measured.

Introduced March 1997 for the 150th anniversary of Omega. Production on these watches ceased at the end of 1999, though enough were made that they have still been available new for several years beyond that.

The Omega 1108 movement in the non-chronograph is *exactly* the same physical movement as the 1109 as used in numerous Constellation, DeVille, Seamaster and Seamaster Pro models of the mid-1990s. The only difference between the ones designated a 1108 versus a 1109 is that the 1109s were sent for COSC certification.

The non-chronohraph model was not a big seller initially, but has increased in popularity greatly since production stopped. The chronograph version was a very good seller.

The chronograph version is substantially thicker (13mm versus 9mm). The Omega 1141 chronograph movement uses the same base as the 1108, with a Dubois-Depraz chronograph module added.

The chronograph version is also 3mm bigger across and takes a 20mm strap. The non-chrono takes a 19mm strap.

My personal opinion is that Omega made a big mistake and hurt sales by NOT offering this watch on a more classic black strap. It was released only on a choice of a mediocre bracelet (that some people including myself found to be a hair puller) or three too-exotic-for-many people straps (red, yellow or bomber jacket brown leather).

The Dynamic bracelet is a brushed steel version of the one used on the Speedmaster Reduced.

This watch looks great on black shark, brown suede, yellow leather or gray NATO straps.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE