The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Bad service on new watch
In Response To: Bad service on new watch ()

I'm sorry for your bad experience. though, it wasn't with OMEGA, I've had some bad experiences myself too. I think It is all depends on who worked on your watch at the service center, and who you talk to. Sad to say, but not everyboy is up to their company standard in service and customer care.
I doubt that they would replace your watch with a new one, though I know that that is what you would want. I had simlar experience with my watch and you just don't trust this old and damaged watch. but I am sure they can repair/service it to its original condition. it is amazing what they can do...

It was not with OMEGA, but I had problem with my TAG Heuer, and instead of complaining it to TAG Heuer USA, i sent letters to their main office in Switzerland. soon after, I had been contacted by TAG Heuer USA, not the one from Switzerland, with nice words saying "we would do anything to work this out with you to make you happy" and they did. the best service I have ever gotten from any companies.

with my recent problem with my OMEGA, I am not taking any chances. I sent my watch straight to OMEGA instead of sending it to the service centers in US for a repair. it cost me more for shipping, and takes longer before I get my watch back, but knowing not having any problem later, it was worth paying the extra (I hope...)

Yes, I would write a letter to OMEGA in Switzerland and tell them all about what happened. and have it serviced in Switzerland. I would write about it in both regular formal letter, and on their website and see what they will tell you about it.
again, I hate to say this, but It seems to me like here in US, when you get a nice person, things are very nice. but they are not very consistant within the company, but many of the european companies, I have never had any bad experiences. I think they have more discipline.

Good luck to you

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE