The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Buy in US,service in Switzerland:RIDICULOUS>>

So,you can buy an Omega very easily in the U.S. at any mall.Great.
BUT,if troubles arise,you must send it OUT of country to get it fixed.This means airmail post,customs hands pawing your pride and joy,and being bounce around in a box in either sweltering heat or freezing cold while in transit.
And we seem to dismiss this as "normal procedure"?
It's a shame that the service centers in the USA can't serve our needs and that we have to keep people from another country employed because we can't get it right ourselves.
This makes having a factory warrentee more of a liability than a benifit ,methinks.
I hate hearing all the gripes about PA service scrathing the case,or being happy to hear after two weeks you watch has reached customs,almost there!
Sorry,but I just had to vent about this.
Takes a lot of fun out of owning a great watch when you have to be worrying for weeks about it's safe travel's round the globe.

Messages In This Thread

Buy in US,service in Switzerland:RIDICULOUS>>
Look on the bright side....
Good post,thanks!>>
Re: Good post,thanks!>>
Re: Good post,thanks!>>
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE