The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I have an extra engraving on my SMP!

Hi guys,

On the back of my 2531.80 watch, directly below the seamonster, below the Omega sign, below the circle of wavy lines, there are 5 evenly paced circles (I think they are used to open the back). Anyway between the bottm 2 circles or holes, almost directly below the seahorse is a strange globe engraving with an Omega sign inside the globe and a few stars.

It kind of looks like a wire frame of the globe with an omeg sign in the top left and a few stars in there. I tried to find this logo on the internet but failed. I think it looks Very similar to the one on the front of the leather box except that one has the whole OMEGA word on it.

According to John's review of the same watch:
http://home.woh.rr.com/johnholbrook/smp.html

The back of his watch does not have this engraving! in fact I have searched this whole forum for pics of the case backs on 2531.80 and other seamasters and none of them have this!

I am 100% sure my watch is not a fake, it still has the red factory sealed dot, serial numbers, dealer stamped warranty etc. (even keeps good time by the way! I only gain 1 sec per day and -2 secs per night with crown up, more on that later)

I am puzzled and only noticed this just now. What is it?! how come none of you have it or do you?

Chong

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE