The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Seamaster Pro Chronograph

I have just received a Seamaster Pro Chronograph in blue and SS, purchased from a gentleman who advertised it over the Internet, and I find it a stunning sports watch.

On my wrist it is neither too heavy nor too bulky: it feels right, especially since I am used to a 1969 Heueur Autavia GMT (a big and heavy sports watch), which I sold the day I purchased this watch as a replacement. It is interesting that although it is a mite thicker than the Heueur Autavia, it doesn't catch a shirt sleeve as the Heueur did. I can actually wear it with all but French cuff long sleeve shirts, which I could not do with the Heueur Autavia. That came as a pleasant surprise.

I found it being autioned on Ebay as bidding closed without a single bid being filed. I Emailed the owner with what I would pay for it and he replied with acceptance without two minutes of my send command.

The seller told me that it was almost totally unworn by him - and, to my surprise, he told the truth: not even the slightest usage scratching on the clasp - not any sign of use anywhere on the watch.

Its Serial No. is 60042950 and its warranty card stated that it was purchased on 7/28/00. The plastic cover with a red line through it is still on the back watch cover and the plastic is complete and undamaged. The seller said that it was not comfortable on him and that it has been sitting in a closet for over three years. It looks it. It came with a spotless box, leather case, two extra links and a leather carrier for documents. I had the two extra links added, and now it is just how I like it.

Questions:

1. how do I get the bracelet wet suit extension to deploy?

2. Where can I buy (for a big discount) the rubber bracelet for this watch?

3. Any hidden pitfalls. I do know about when not to reset the date. Anything else I should know not to do or to do?

4. Has Omega changed the current production of this watch?

5. Should my automatic winder be set as bidirectional or to wind in only one direction. I suspect it must be bidirectional as it is my understanding the when you manually wind one way, it winds the clock and when you wind the other direction, it winds the the chronograph mechanism. Am I Right?

I well understand why Agent 007 wears one - the Seamaster Pro Chronograph is licensed to kill. I hope that wearing it does not make me a target for counter-espionage.

George C. McKinnis

Messages In This Thread

Seamaster Pro Chronograph
Re: Seamaster Pro Chronograph
Set your winder CW (right direction)>>>
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE