The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: GMT 300M 50 years
In Response To: GMT 300M 50 years ()

: I recently purchased a used Omega Seamaster
: GMT 300M.
: The case back, along with the dragon, has an
: engraving saying "50 years".
: The previous owner told me it was a series
: issued for the 50 years' anniversary of the
: GMT, and apart from that the watch is just
: the same as the other GMT.

That model was introduced in 1998 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the *Seamaster*. The first OMEGA watches to bear the name Seamaster came out in 1948.

But that is not a special or limited edition -- it is just the regular version of that model as made for the past 6 years. It was introduced as a regular model with that inscription in 1998 and is still made exactly the same today.

Two other variations on the Seamaster GMT were introduced a couple of years later. One with a white dial and brushed steel case, the other with a black dial and red gold case. Neither of those newer variation have the "50 years" inscription.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE