The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

RE:but i still want another OMEGA!

I'm currently going through a similar situation with a SMP that was only 5 monthbs old when the bezel broke. Tuesday will be the 3rd time for me to ship the watch back to Omega Lancaster due to their sloppy workmanship. They seem to think "handling marks" as their shop manager describes them are acceptable.

Here is the latest email I've sent to Omega Switzerland: Needless to say, I want them to refund my purchase price and initial $18 shipping for the warranty work: By the way, Klaus Lehmann is the VP in charge of the Omega Lancaster service.

My latest email to Omega Switzerland:
I talked to Mr. Lehmann today regarding my watch and the disappointment with the customer service I have received during this whole incident has only been increased. I felt like I was under some kind of inquisition regarding the extremely poor service my watch has received from your company. According to Mr. Lehmann, a retouched watch will never look like a brand new one. With the quality of worker you have in Lancaster, I fully agree with that statement …….. But why did this watch need retouching in the first place? Not due to anything I did but due to the incompetence of your repair facilities.

For some reason, your employees at Lancaster, PA really don’t see anything wrong with my watch getting scratches and marks while being repaired. Also, I’ve been made to go on the defensive with every Omega employee I have talked to concerning this situation with my watch.

Let me re count my experiences with your representatives:

Rude and demeaning to a customer who bought an $1800 watch and had issues with the quality of the service to repair a broken bezel. I’ve been made to feel this whole situation is my fault.

I sent a brand new watch in for a bezel repair and no concern is displayed for me now having a poorly refurbished watch due to your repair facilities here in the US. Your company just doesn’t understand that I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POOR QUALITY OF THE REPAIR OF MY WATCH. Why should I know be stuck with this timepiece that is now degraded both monetarily and aesthetically?

Mr. Lehmann wants me to send the watch back to his attention for a second time. After my experiences thus far, I really don’t want to interact with any of your personnel here in the States. I am so soured on Omega due to my recent experiences that I no longer want this or any Omega watch. I want to be refunded the purchase price and initial shipping to Womble and put this incident behind me.

Apparently, I’m not the only one to suffer from the poor service Omege offers. Please check this Chroncentric Post in particular: http://chronocentric.com/forums/omega/index.cgi?read=23159

Thank you,

Personally, I'm going to go the Rolex route after I get this resolved.

"but i still want another OMEGA!

Posted By: mas
Date: 1/17/04 23:34 GMT

I have purchased 2 of my first OMEGAs in last few months. both of them, turned out to be defective when i bought from authorized dealers. that was not a good experience at all, but i am sure that i was just "unlucky" since i hear lot of great things about their products here.

i had one of the watches replaced with a new one and the new watch works great now. but as it took me a while to find out that the other watch was not working right, i turned the watch in to Switzerland for a repair as i heard a lot of good things about them.
the watch came back fixed, but with few other cosmetic problems and very bad accuracy.
i have contacted OMEGA, and this very helpful lady from OMEGA recommended me to talk to another gentlman from SG USA in PA. i turned the watch in, and came back with the problem fixed, but yet again, with few other new problems.

as those 2 who had been helping me are very very nice people and gave me some free stuff that they usually don't give out, i am still very disappointed with their service quality. they can give me all the new parts and freebies to make me happy, but i am still not confident with their service work and now i am afraid to turn my watch in to them for a service. it looks like my new watch age 5 years every time i turn my watch in for something.
i do not want to mention any of their names or what the problems were as i don't want people to have same complaints and expect same free stuff that i have received from OMEGA. but it was very generous of them for doing what they did for me.

i have had my other watches from other companies and had them serviced and never had those problems. i have paid lot of money for the new OMEGA, and it spent more time at their service center and on the road than on my wrist.

now, am i that unlucky? both of my watches were defective. and now everytime i turn my watch in for a repair, it comes back with other problems (minor, but many). what i mentioned below, about the crystal not fit all the way, i am not even counting that as a problem.

please share your good experiences to gain my confidence again to buy another OMEGA as i am interested in another watch! or if you had similar experiences, let me know.

thank you all!"

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE