The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Clapping
In Response To: Clapping ()

George T, I work for a watch retailer and yesterday morning, I knocked an Omega Speedmaster Day/Date off a display stand and it fell about 4 feet before hitting the steel base of the display stand. I managed to put a decent dent in the bezel, but aside from that, the watch was ticking perfectly and not a mark on the sapphire crystal. I sent the watch off to our repair dept to get the bezel replaced and have the watch checked out just to be on the safe side .
My point is this- if a chronograph can fall from such a height and still run okay, then a vigorous hand-clapping (where your palms would absorb some of the shock. Sounds good to me, man.) should not pose a problem. I wouldn't worry about clapping with the watch on...unless you're catching a hand grenade two-handed.
Hey, one more thing, George T; Are you THE George Thorogood? If you are, then you rock! If you aint, then I'm sure you rock anyway.
Take it easy...and keep on clappin'!

teeritz

Messages In This Thread

Clapping
I'm curious, too...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE