The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: 1954 Mint Connie bumper! EXCITED for sure!

Hi Peter......that's why great ebay feedback is so important!(and not for a lot of cheap junk). Had he had no record, i would have passed and wondered forever if i missed out. Those Indonesian sellers with 0 feedback "selling" expensive items have got to be kidding!

This seller, though in Turkey......has perfect 100% feedback, and many of the watches he sold were in the $600 range, one about $900, and the last showing was for a mint co-axle Omega for over $1,800.

So given all that, i'll be wiring him the funds on Monday and expect to have the watch via Fed Ex. by the end of the week.

I'll wear it at least a solid week at first, as my everyday wear 18K Connie with the 1 piece lugged case(heaviest they made i think around 50 grams and the total package w/band weighs 140 grams even!), dauphine hands and onyx markers and mint gold original dial.......and on a rare Omega 18K heavy interwoven link band(NOT mesh...ugh!).....is in need of a crystal replacement. Five minutes before leaving work 4 months ago i dropped a flexable shaft handpiece a few inches on it, and it placed a very small hairline in the crystal.

Until now i couldn't part with it to have it replaced........NO problem once i get this watch! hehe

....cheers!

==================================================

: Great looking watch...
: but the seller is in Turkey, I'm wary about any
: sellers outside the US for that amount of
: $$$$.$$
: Good Luck.

Messages In This Thread

1954 Mint Connie bumper! EXCITED for sure! *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE