The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Rolex watches are for.. *PIC*
In Response To: Omega Vs. Rolex ()

.. old business men, usually of Asian origin, wanting to wear gold timepieces on their rists, and Rolex is the only 'Western' brand they've heard of. I'm not being racist at all, but you all know of the type of people I'm talking about..

It's the same as Tag Heuer watches being for teen wideboys in their suped up cars. "Look at my tag." etc

Personally, I'm 21 and I wear a SM Pro 22545000. I got it a month ago, and compared to the Rolexs in the shops, it was much nicer. I didn't like one of the Rolexs to be honest. Even the Omega DeVilles, as well as the SM AquaTerra and Railmaster series watches looked nicer than their counterparts in the Rolex dept.

The Rolex has an old man image associated with it.. wearing the SM pro, people know I have a good taste in watches. Wearing a Rolex, people would think that I was some old fart driving a silver Mercedes :)

I'm at university with some soon to be submariners, and they won't get to see daylight for 3 months at a time, not knowing their location in the world's oceans. They will all grow beards and sit 1000ft under sea level. If that's the image that a submariner conveys, Rolex have chosen a good name.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE