The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Yep....you win! ......what an ego...

Yep.....you win! What an ego!!! Just because Omega does something today doesn't mean it was the right thing to do or in their best long term interests. They USED to make their own manufacture movements, and if they had continued would not be running 2nd place to Rolex and others! Some of their finest movements were chronmeter cal. 551, cal 561, cal 564, and cal 752.

Great quality and still in demand today, some in fabulous 18K screw back cases......but not one truly "water resistant" on a par with the Rolex "oyster" cases for moisture protection for the period. Why not?.......because Omega "said" so, so it must have been right.

Yep.....Omega made the choice to stop making their own base calibers........and lost ground to Rolex by not providing water protection on their flagship models at a time when the technowledgy was readily available.

.......but then you win because Omega chose their own path, like today by continuing to put that useless Helium valve on the SMP! Only in your little mind! geeze......

Kid?.....at 48 and a 160 IQ smart enough to see you don't measure up in the important areas. I can only respond to what you say, dumdum......i'm not a mind reader!

Next time you want to make a point.......voice your oppinion and back it with some reasonable logic........instead of keeping it all inside where only you know what you're thinking.....like a gleeful idiot!
--------------------------------------------------

: Nice try, kid. You were even wrong about me
: wearing quartz. You didn't even have the
: intelligence to figure out why I brought the
: mechanical vs quartz issue. You thought I
: was comparing it to the HRV! LOL. Way off.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE