The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re:Omega......shame they still don't!

In reading over your post i couldn't help but feel a great sense of loss......in that Omega still doesn't manufacture their own movements.
Those glory days when Omega even had an edge over Rolex in preference among watchwearers are long gone......greatly because of this IMO.

Sure they add to the movement.....but it's not the same as Rolex has showed with their fairly recent manufacture caliber of the popular Daytona.

.....resting on your laurels doesn't cut it today......and even Patek would be a better company if a true water resistance was "stock" among the majority of it's line(visa-vi Rolex).....along with the high price tag. The display backs are also great among the elite brands......at least you get to admire what all that dough bought you.

I'd love one (display back)on my 1960's 18K Connie w/cal 561 movement.....as they were a very nice looking piece of work. (and i especially like the swan neck regulator and rose colored guilding) Can't say the same of most of the current Omega works!

........but still better than "Tag" hands down!
=================================================
: tag was never a manufacture and was never as
: reputated as omega for the precsion of its
: movements.OMega built their own movements
: which are highly reputated and highly
: accurate.Tag always used middle of the range
: valjoux movements 72,23,7733,7740, 7750, eta
: 28925, eta 2894-2 movement.Omega set the
: world record of precision in 1933, 1936 and
: 1948 at kew teddington observatory, it is
: also the 2nd largest chronometer
: manufacturer after rolex.Omega was also 21
: times olympic games timekeeper anda leader
: in the chronometry field since the 20's.
: omega my choice like cindy crawford says

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE