The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Yep....you win! ......what an ego...

Well.....fact is a watch with ONLY 25Ft or 25M water resistance(when brand new!) quickly loses that resistance once a little time goes by, as most don't even have a screw down crown. So to say a watch with 300M or 1,000 Foot water resistance is not really "practical" for most folks since they aren't likely to use it at that depth is rediculous. The added depth water resistance is more to allow for some safety at the normal diving/swimming situations that a LOT of people subject their watches to. It reflects higher precision and watchmaking techniques that more insure water resistance at common depth levels. Heck, my girl takes her Rolex datejust into the shower with her every morning.......

.........probably because she can! LOL

.........i doubt any would do that with a 25FT or 25M resistant watch and exect it to hold long term, so the anology is not near the same.

Rotating bezels are more useful, BTW......as i know i often used it to time public speaking situations for both myself and my kids at various times. Even timed meeting back with others in a group sometimes......and timed some cooking dishes using it when i had the Omega SMP.....

.......but darn it......i NEVER did make use of that valve.......NOT ONCE!!!! LOL
-------------------------------------------------
: Well lets think about it how many users need a
: watch that is water resistant to 1000 feet.
: Prob hardly any. Enough water resistace to
: protect the watch from splashes and being
: dropped in the tub would be more than enough
: for most. Yet people like the idea that
: there watch is "extra" water
: resistant even though it is not practicle
: for them.

: How about a rotating Besal. Most people Prorb
: don't need that at all yet there it is and
: people seem to like it.

: In terms of "teats on a bull" you may
: insist they are useless till you are blue in
: the face but guess what they are still
: there, and if they were missing the bull
: would look pretty strange... Feel free to go
: out side and scream into the wind trying to
: get nature to take them off;)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE