The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Gray market dealer
In Response To: Gray market dealer *LINK* ()

: Does anyone have specific information
: concerning authenticwatches.com?

Last week I received my 2531.80.00 W/ Serial number intact from authenticwatches.com. My watch was delivered within 17 hours of my order with their free overnight shipping, and that was California to Georgia. If you place your order over the internet, they call you and verify all information over the phone to double check for accuracy. Watch arrived exactly as advertised, perfectly packaged with all boxes, manuals materials and paperwork.

I did a search on the internet and couldn't find any personal gripes or complaints about them. BBB online lists them as having no unaddressed or unsolved customer issues. Ebay has them for over 900 positive fb with only 1 negative since Dec 2000.

I called and pestered them several times with questions before my purchase and spoke with a very helpful and friendly customer service rep named Eileen. She answered all my questions patiently and to my satisfaction. (And when I am shelling out over $1K for a watch, I can be a PITA!)

When I asked why their watches were less than retail, they explained a bit about the grey market system and how the warranty was only valid through them, but said they include 3 years free and option for $69 to add 2 additional years for a total of five.

I'm not saying they are perfect, but if the jewelry stores had tried that hard to get my business, they probably would have made the sale despite the increased cost rather than losing the sale to authenticwatches.com.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE