The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

The real things

Hi friends,
Please do not get me wrong. I have to share something that will probably rise a wave against me but it’s important in my point of view. There are a lot of postings here concerning the price people have to pay in order to get an Omega watch. I understand that everybody is looking for the lowest possible price and probably there's nothing wrong with it unless...it wasn't about an Omega watch. People, you're not shopping around for a pair of socks or t-shirts that go buy 1 get 1 free for God sake! Most people have the same Wall mart mentality no matter if they buy cheese, soap or a plane. For me, these people do not know what they're buying at all. There is something very special about expensive and fine things – they mean style, finesse, quality, timelessness, meaningfulness etc. i.e. the real values. People who wear them must possess all or most of these real values. Because if you put an Omega watch on the wrist of a construction worker /nothing personal/, with all this person is expected to be, not only wouldn’t he turn into a gentleman but also the watch will lose most of what it is. But if you put the same watch on the wrist of a real gentleman, with all this word represents, they both will add to their values. Buying an expensive and quality thing just because you CAN afford it means nothing. How about all those people who spend their year’s savings on a watch just to find themselves in a situation to ask how much it’ll cost to adjust their bracelet. If you have an Omega on your wrist you don’t ask how much! Because it doesn’t matter. Price has nothing to do with the whole thing here. Neither is important how much money you make. How much it costs to be a born Leader who would lead a nation to prosperity or a Man who would sacrifice his life to save the world? Buy 1 get 1 free, oh, I’ll take two, please…No, it doesn’t work that way. And looking through the eyes of the real values people who don’t deserve to have an Omega on their wrist are visible like a duck among swans. My advice is: if it’s not for you don’t buy it. It won’t make you more intelligent, beautiful, brave or valuable. There is a good chance nobody will mention that Seamaster on your wrist. Because it's not the watch - it's YOU! If you have any doubt about it there is no doubt. Forget it. Save yourself the laugh. How to know it – start with this: Do you ask yourself how much it costs and is a gray market deal better than authorized or should I buy these marked down tulips instead of that phenomenal 100-red-rose bouquet for the one I love…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE