The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: My precious !
In Response To: My precious ! *PIC* ()

Sounds like you have a pretty good fit the way it is. The watch should not fit so tight that there is no movement. It imparts a constant strain on the watch pins if worn that way, and subjects the pins to breaking at the most inopportune moments!

For instance, when you have a tight fit and then flex your wrist........the watch gets even tighter. Picture your arm resting on the door with the window open while driving and you bend your wrist and the pins break and your prize goes out the door at 60 MPH! Not a pretty sight.....

Also, you'll find in hot weather the extra airspace that a looser fit allows will be fully appreciated. Nothing worse than tight large watch on a hot humid day! The space make it bearable and wearable.

I used to own the same model as you just got, and wore it like you have been and was quite happy with it as such. I did sell it to a coworker a few years ago as i finally got a 1966 vintage very heavy 18K gold Constaellation with a separate unusual Omega interwoven 18K gold band (not a mesh! ugh!!).

This is my everyday wear watch, and at 140 grams right up there in weight with yours. But oh the feel of real gold! LOL

Wear your watch as is.......

: It has finally come to me!
: Below are a few pics, I've had it for only 2
: hours. At first when I got it I was
: overwhelmed by how big it looked and thought
: I made a mistake and should have gotten the
: midsize. My wrists are about 6.5 to
: 6.75"

: Then I needed to resize it as well so took it
: to my closet dealership. There while they
: were resizing I tried the midsize but it
: looked very small on me, almost made me look
: like a girly man

: So I'm glad I got the regular and now as time
: passes by I'm getting more and more used to
: it. This think is just very very nice. And
: the speedy bracelet I'm so glad I got it
: too, its a work of art !

: I'm waiting for it to get dark so I can see it
: glow

: Very quick photos, it looks much better in
: person, I will take some good ones when I
: have some time hopefully over the weekend.

: Oh and a question for the veterans.. Whats the
: best fit for the watch. When I went to get
: it resized the guy told me that there should
: be enough space between the bracelet and the
: wrist so that a finger can pass through ?
: Right now it sits good but if I move my hand
: it will slide a little ? I'm not sure if I
: should remove another link. Is it best to
: just keep it tight so there is no movement
: at all ?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE