The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Could You Be Any More Arrogant?

I'm probably wasting my time trying to convince you that your way of thinking is absurd, so I'll just hit the key points. First of all, to say that someone who is of low income has no business buying an Omega watch because he cannot truly appreciate it is incredibly naive and a rather snooty thing to say. ANYONE can appreciate an Omega watch...income or social status has NOTHING to do with it. You are offending the millions of hard working Americans who have every right to save their money and buy themselves a beautiful watch if they so choose. I don't know where you are from, but here in America we have freedom of choice and, along with that, the freedom to buy WHATEVER we want whenever we want.

Second, your example of the man not buying a Mercedes is, again, absurd. If I could afford a Mercedes and wanted one, I would buy one. It has nothing to do with my social status. It's a matter of being able to make my own choices.

When will you get it through your thick skull that your income level and social status have nothing to do with what possessions you are capable of owning and appreciating? I am a typical middle class guy who loves his Omega watch and wears it nearly 24/7. And, you wanna know something else? I love it even more knowing that I didn't pay full retail for it!!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE