The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Fake Seamaster?
In Response To: Re: Fake Seamaster? ()

Hi guys,

thanks again for your advice. The thing is that I'm a student, with a genuine interest in nice watches, so at the moment I can't really afford to buy at the price the authorized dealer is asking.

What I liked about this particular seller is that he has a 100% feedback of 838 stars. Plus the fact that he has sold another Omega about a month ago for about 900 dollars and the other person (with also a positive feedback, and someone who has bought more watches) gave him outstanding feedback. The fact that the papers and box are not included is a problem. But he answered promptly when I asked for the serial number, and since the Dollar is weak against the Euro, I think I might take a chance...

Well I hope in a short wile I'll be the proud owner of an Omega Seamaster Pro

Henno

: I gotta agree with that. Keep in mind that,
: even if the pics are of a legit OMEGA, you
: have no guarantee that what you receive
: after you've paid for the auction is even
: the exact same wacth shown. There have been
: cases where fakes have been sold using
: photos of a real watch swiped from someone
: else's auction or from a website.

: As I find myself telling people more and
: more... don't be so damn cheap that you take
: a risk of losing all your money buying from
: questionable sources just to save a few
: bucks. Especially on new and recent model
: used watches, the deals on eBay and other
: auction sites seldom are that great anyway.
: There are just too many people bidding for
: anyone to get a real steal of a deal.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE