The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Enlighten me, please.
In Response To: Enlighten me, please. ()

: I understand that the watch market isn't like
: the car market but wouldn't a 6 month old
: Seamaster sell for a bit less than a brand
: spanking new one?

No. Why would it? It is still a new watch, EXACTLY identical to one of the same model made several months earlier or later.

: And, wouldn't a 4 year old
: Seamaster sell for a bit less than the 6
: month old one?

Certainly if one had 4 years of wear and tear, then yes. But if both were never worn they would be worth the same.

But that is WAY different from your original question which was about whether the cost of the Bond SMP models would go down once the Coaxial GMT came out.

: In this regard it would seem
: that age would be a factor when considering
: market value. Am I OK in my thinking?

No, sorry, you are way off.

This is JEWELRY, which after the initial purchase only depreciates based on CONDITION, not age.

There is no "Best if Sold By Nov 2004" dating on these. They are not perishables. They do not change from year to year like cars.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE