The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Can't seem ti figure out 1965 model

: I'm looking at purchasing a used Omega
: Seamaster from 1965 ish, but I cant seem to
: find it anywhere on the interent. its is a
: SS watch with english numerals all around
: it. Has anybody seen this watch can someone
: tell me more abbout it?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'English' numbers. The two numbering systems used on watches are Arabic numbers (1, 2, 3...) and Roman numerals (I, II, V, X...). Unless somehow you meant the numbers were printed as English words (one, two, three...)?

I don't remember seeing any Seamasters from that period with numbers all the way around. Most have either just markers or numbers only at 12, 3, 6, and 9.

For a definitive answer, ask Omega at watch@omega.ch. They are the only place that has a complete listing of every Omega watch made.

Also, it is quite possible that the one you saw was not original. Many watches from that period were 'redialed' -- meaning they had their dials completely repainted when they went in for service. It was not that unusual for people to partially or significantly change the dial when this was done. For example, Omega made very few black dial models back then. So many people had the dials repainted black. Similarly, someone may have had the dial repainted so they could have numbers all the way around on theirs.

Messages In This Thread

Can't seem ti figure out 1965 model
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE