The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Just an opinion

Maybe you´re interested, maybe you´re not, in the opinion of non fanatic watchowner about Omega and watchforums.
I´ve been regularly checking this forum for a month or so and feel i own at least one contribution before checking out (definitely).
The reason for that is that i will never become a watchcollector-fanatic.

I´m Belgian and work as an art-director in an advertisingagency in Vienna for almost 2 years now.
Till last month i could not have cared less about watches. I think i never have spend more then 100 dollars on a watch.
If a client had a promotion giving a free watch with his logo stamped on it, i would happily wear that.

Until a few weeks ago, out of the blue, i suddenly wanted a real watch. Something i would wear for life.
Before hitting the shops, i wanted to gather some basic information on the net and stumbled on this forum and others.
I did get lots of interesting information besides, if a word of criticism is allowed, some unbelievable... non info.
A list of watches somebody has tried on during a visit in different shops in one day, a scan of a watch on hairy wrist with the caption:
Look what the postman brought today! ...

Time to buy. By the way, i´m sure Vienna would be heaven on earth for most of the forummembers. Every possible brand is represented
by at least 3-4 different shops. In the center, about 1 square km., there must be at least 20 shops, not counting the ones who sell vintage watches.
In the window of one shop, for example, i´ve counted 22 Langhes, no idea how many more they have inside.

So, in 2 hours i saw hundreds of the finest watches, enough to give somebody the feeling it would be better to go home and sleep it over,
except one stuck out: The Moonwatch. Not knowing anything about his history and features i just knew this one was special.

Now i own a watch from a brand that that has the image of a gadgetmanifacturer, has a feature that i will almost never use: the chronometer,
lacks a feature that i really need: a date indicator and on top i have to wind it myself every day. And i love it!

Why? If you come to think of it. How many objects are so designed and well build that they still look (and work) after 10, 20, 30, 40 years
like they have been made today? Some cars maybe, some furniturepieces. Not a long list for sure.

Knowing i will never get tired of this watch and with proper care can wear it forever, is worth the money.
Time to move to other things.

Thanks for the, mostly, interesting hours i´ve spend on this forum.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE