The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Why to own a swiss watch?
In Response To: Why to own a swiss watch? ()

That's a very simple and damn good question. Why wear a Swiss watch? First of all, if you like watches, you know that a watch is much more than a timepiece. A watch is a useful piece of jewelry. Is something that you inherit or you leave further behind to your dear ones.
Some people do not tend to get fond of quality things. The cheaper, the more, the better; after all, variation is nice. However, if you are like me and like the majority of this board's members, you may tend to become attached to certain things around you. In this case, a watch becomes a sentimental value. And if becomes so, why not have the best one that you can afford?
Plainly, I love mechanical watches. They represent the closest tie of the mankind to the universe. Closer than Apollo 11. Because by making them, the watchmakers are trying to match as close and as accurately as possible the time laws of the universe.
I wear an Omega. I also wear an IWC and a Blancpain. I do like their simple looks, looks that are so unique and different than of a regular watch. I do love what's inside them and I have great respect for the amount of work and thought spent by their manufacturers in providing us with the best they can give. I also take my hat off thinking of the rich history behind them.
I could go on but I don't want to become boring. It all depends of how you look at a watch. What it represents for you.
Good luck.

Messages In This Thread

Why to own a swiss watch?
Re: Why own a swiss watch?
Re: Why to own a swiss watch?
Well said! *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE