The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Yes Omega and Rolex is like Intel to AMD
In Response To: OMEGA VS. TAG HEUER ()

and as you said Ford to Chevy :)esp. in regards to the SMP and the SUB as they are so comparable

Personally I like both watches a great deal but chose to wear a Rolex...

And also think both Companies have their positives and negatives....

I think Omega makes a great product at its given pricepoint..they make a strong watch, with a good movement and up-to date styling at a wonderful price, especially after discount...however IMHO they let some of the little details slide in order to provide a great price, however this IMHO keeps them out of the Ranks of Rolex, IWC and Zenith...all of which I have elaborated my feelings on numerous times in this thread.

Rolex also makes a great watch, but their prices are high and their bracelets/clasps on the Lower end models are somewhat Dated..the gold models and upper end pieces have wonderful bracelets and clasps though. IMHO Rolex uses a rather basic movement, with a rather basic bracelet, on a wonderful case and Dial, which are two of the things I look at most when admiring a watch...their use of White gold for markers and hands and amazing dial-work are two examples of what I call attention to detail in regards to outer finishing..and I wont even mention the screw links :)

Messages In This Thread

OMEGA VS. TAG HEUER
Yes Omega and Rolex is like Intel to AMD
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE