The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Tought choice, but here are some options...
In Response To: Q: Strap for Blue SeMP? ()

The biggest challenge with the blue dial, blue bezel Bond SMP is finding something that looks right with the blue color of the watch and still looks good with a broad range of clothing. The blue watch really does not go well on any strap color other than a close matching blue--though a few people have reported being happy with it on a black strap.

I've tried a number of alternatives. Here they are in my order of preference:

1. Omega blue rubber strap--any of their several versions, as shown on the Omega Bracelets and Straps section in the OMEGA ZONE.

2. Dark blue sharkskin strap--as can be seen in the Seamaster Gallery. Note that only *some* shark straps are waterproof, try ones from Hirsch.

3. Navy blue NATO nylon strap. A nice utilitarian look, though wives tend to tell you that these NATO straps are too geeky for everyday wear.

4. Dark blue Kevlar strap. Note many blue Kevlar straps are a fairly bright blue, so make sure the blue you get is *dark*.

5. Dark blue leather strap. Okay, but somehow not that exciting. The texture of sharkskin adds a lot more to the look than plain leather does.

In the end, I keep going back to the bracelet. It is the single most good looking and universally useful band to wear the Bond SMP on. Having owned mine for over four years, the scuffs are only a minor issue. I use techniques frequently described here to touch up the clasp and will have it professionally buffed every 5 years when it goes in for routine service.

Since it is impossible to keep a watch pristine and use it regularly, you simply have to learn to not give these minor mars unnecessary significance or attention. Had I realized that much earlier on, I would have saved myself the cost of the numerous strap options that I tried and was never quite satisfied with.

Messages In This Thread

Q: Strap for Blue SeMP?
Tought choice, but here are some options...
Re: Tought choice, but here are some options...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE