The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Sorry you're disappointed >>>
In Response To: Sorry you're disappointed >>> ()

Hi Dave,

Thank you for explaining the works of this watch to me. I'm happy with it now knowing it has quirks. I understand that these watches are fine peices of equipment.

But the concern is the winding. When I open the crown to the first notch - and go to close the crown by tightening it back to position... the click is somewhat hardened... and there is resistance. Does that mean the watch is over wound? Is there supposed to be some resistance?

It is a clicking and the crown seems as if I'm really pushing its limits. Seems like it is going to break. Is that normal? What happens if you do over wind the watch - is there any resisitance or does the crown continue to turn freely?

So far the watch is still working, but everyime time I open the crown and go to return the crown to closed position this happens. I'm concerned. I do love this watch.

Thanks,
Stephen

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE