The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

You said it ...
In Response To: What Parts would those be? ()

"It is a standard Seamaster Professional with a unique dial, a raised number 18k WG bezel insert, and engraving on the back and side."

A unique dial?
A raised number 18k WG bezel insert?
Engraving on the back and side?
Gosh! Wowee!

Ok, let us translate: it is the same old SMP with a few minor marketing gizmos and a production number - seems to work every time.
Next month there will be another variation on the same theme and in three to six months there will be yet another.
Maybe not strictly a "parts bin special" but just wait and see how the same old mix of parts are recycled in yet more alleged "limited editions" in "only" 10,000 pieces (just how limited is that?, There seems to be one in every watch shop I visit)
There are never going to be a batch of Ploprof "limited editions" - ever, full stop!
It is a limited edition, special and finite.
The AC is just another minor, fairly trivial, cosmetic SMP variation, nothing more, nothing less.
I know you have one - but it is really just an SMP with a bell and a whistle.
In five years time the AC will be nothing more than a long forgotten minor SMP variation, the Ploprof will be something very special.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE