The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

It's highly regretable to see (more)

that Derek takes such a stand, particularly because I have respected your knowledge in Omega watches and your clear mind in seeing things and expressing yourself. For the dispute at hand, I think you have totally missed the point.

No one deserves anybody's rudeness in the Internet community unless his or her behavior courts such treatment. You think it is rude for me to say "silly" to Ross. But what do you think about his exclusive stance? Is that rude to owners of non-Professional Speedmaster owners? Had he kept his offensive arrogance to his own site, he would have never heard my opinion on his behavior. As he trumpeted his narrow-mindedness in a public forum, however, I think it is quite "within the line" for me to express my thoughts. Unlike "big teddybear," "silly" is not an abusive word. It simply means "exhibiting or indicative of a lack of common sense or sound judgment." Is there a better or politer word to characterize his advertising in your site the exclusive membership of his Internet forum, much less his likening his vote to the U.S. presidential election? Tell me if my English is not good enough. I just used a proper word in its proper sense and you tell me I am rude. It would be interesting to hear how you characterize Ross's calling me "big teddybear?" Does that sound more tolerable than "silly?"

I am sorry for your judgment on this issue but I thank you for the information and pleasure your excellent site had given me. Even though your forum is supposed to be public, I have no intention to take an issue larger than watch techniques with its owner. I will read your response in my email and that's the end of it. You will never hear from me again.

C.K.

: If what Ross has to say does not interest you,
: then simply ignore it.

: No one here is under any obligation to
: entertain you. So no one here deserves your
: rudeness if you fail to find sufficient
: interest in what they have to say.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE