The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

An ode to the Speedmaster.

One day I was at the mall and in a window there. I saw a picture of a man floating in the air. A wristwatch was under it my heart was beating faster. Could this be the famous Omega Speedmaster? Many many years ago we were losing face. Because the Russians had beaten us to space. NASA knew to catch them they must move fast. First they needed a watch equal to the task. Many watches were tested but they were all outclassed. By the Speedmaster the only one that passed. Heat,cold,vibration nothing could stop it. Thats why NASA chose this watch to send up on its rockets. The Moon is a rough place 250 degrees. But the great Speedmaster handled it with ease. So I went back to the mall my money I did take. Because I had found a watch that would never break. I remember long ago watching on tv. Brave men going to the Moon to check it out for me. And on his arm each one wore on a long black Velcro strap. An Omega Speedmaster to make sure they got back. My Speedmaster is made of steel and brings me much joy. Not 18k gold like some overblown pimp toy. Rolex was on a mountain we know this is true. But Speedmaster was on the Moon something Rolex could not do. The Speedmaster is large it is made for a man. I have fun each and every day winding it by hand. I dont have a big house or a pretty girl. But I have a great watch that went to another world. And now my life is happy no further I need look. Except for the Omega Moon Watch Book. So heres to the Speedmaster it helped the human race. It helped us leave our little world and travel into space. And someday we will go to Mars to check out that big face. And we will take a Speedmaster to keep track of the pace. THE OMEGA SPEEDMASTER A TRUE CLASSIC!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE