The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: A somewhat odd question...
In Response To: A somewhat odd question... ()

: If you have no idea what it is, then why are
: you wanting to order it? It would be easier
: for you to find a picture of what you want,
: then see what model number it is!

: But anyway, that should be the mid-size steel
: quartz with new-style black dial and black
: bezel.

: To see more, try browsing the New Omega Models
: Gallery on the Chronocentric Galleries page.
: Also check the official Omega site, which
: shows many of the newer models and
: highlights of the existing ones.

I admit that the question was a bit odd, but I know what the watch should be like.
I am only trying to be sure what I am going to buy, because in my town is only two shops where they sell Omegas. In the other of them they had only one Omega in the shop when I last visited there (the Bond model 2531.80.00).
I am not sure if the other store is open anymore, because they are going to shut that place down in any day now. So I think they dont have any Omegas around
The sales for the Omega are quite small in this town (population about 85 000) and thats why they dont want to keep many watches in their stores.
I have checked out many places over the net and I know that I like the newer models of Seamaster Pros. The company that imports Omegas in this country (Finland) gave me information on 2264.50.00 model and according to them it is fullsized.
But when I translated the model number with your Seamaster FAQ site, (which in my opinion is awesome!), I found that something is wrong because according to your site 2264.50.00 shoulde be midsized. I know that you mentioned that the ref. numbers of the newest SMPs don't go under the same rules as they used to be in earlier models. That's why I decided to ask it here, because you (Derek, the founder of this forum?) seem to know quite a lot about SMPs.
I think I should ask those same questions from Omega in Switzerland to be sure about it.

Ps. You have done a great job with these pages!

Messages In This Thread

A somewhat odd question...
Re: A somewhat odd question...
Re: A somewhat odd question... *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE