The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Are "skeleton hands" going the way of the dodo

: I think the skeleton hands look excellent, I
: much prefer them to the new style. Any plans
: to make any of the new models with the
: skeleton hands??

While only Omega themselves could answer what their future plans are... I consider it unlikely that they would intermix elements of the two styles. Omega is trying to keep the two styles distinct.

The level of detail that Omega considers in artistically balancing these designs is far beyond the conscious notice of most people. But the subtle attention to these details are what make the watches look so good and sharp when you see them.

Attempting to intermix the hands of one design onto the dial of another design--even though it may sound appealing--will lose some of the artful mastery that went in to these designs in the first place.

There are literally *thousands* of combinations of watches possible just intermixing the existing Seamaster Pro colors and styles of dials, bezels, hands, cases and bracelets. I know from examining the history of Omega's design that they will be very cautious in choosing which few of these they will ever make.

That is one of the major characteristics that makes Omega a premium brand--the restraint of what *not* to do and the masterful execution of that which they *do* choose to produce.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE