The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Omega moonphase watch

Assistance please? I purchased (in circa 1986) an Omega "moonphase" wristwatch with "silver" face and day/mo features on the face, a sweeped second hand, and a hand movement that indicates the date. The calender functions are adjusted by gold indentations on the side of the case as apposed to outward extensions as seen on the Omega sport watches( this is a "dress watch"). I don't have the watch with me at present for ID purposes and just discovered this wonderful Omega forum. The watch had a "retail" on the Omega box of US$4800 and has an automatic movement with a crystal back to witness the movement workings and as I recall is a 27 jewel movement. The case is solid 18k yellow gold and with croc. brown strap with 18k gold simple clasp. I've never been able to find a similar model on the Internet or at Omega sales locations. I've actually used the watch infrequently and kept in a temperature?moisture controlled vault for most of these years. It was purchased through a very reputable local jeweler and has the Omega warranty info and maroon leather presentation box, etc. Any thoughts as to the model or considerations of this watch? Any thoughts to an estimate of current retail value? If not using the watch much at present, would a "winder" be appropriate? The watch was actually purchased with the thought of "handing it down" some day to my son. Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE