The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Heuer quality?
In Response To: Heuer quality? ()

Current Tag Heuer watches are good, but not on par with Rolex and Omega.

Tag is very well known--largely because they, like Raymond Weil, are the top brands sold in many department stores (like Macy's) and mall watch shops (Its About Time). But they are the low-end watches in the better jewelry stores which carry brands like Breitling, Omega and Rolex.

The Heuer line has a great history. Sadly, the current owner of the brand name is not making watches of the same quality that the Heuer name used to be known for.

Many great watch names went bankrupt in the quartz revolution of the 1970's and were bought cheaply by other companies. These companies make watches under the classic names, but their current wares are more just average mass-market merchandise riding on the name than anything related to their bought name heritage.

My understanding is that Tag does not use as consistent of suppliers of the various components of their watches. Some of their watches use the same base ETA movements used in Omega watches, but OMega significantly modifies and improves the stock movements. Tag uses them as is.

Overall, I think you would be much better off for your money buying a USED Omega than a new Tag.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer quality?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE