The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I disagree
In Response To: IWC Queation (LONG) ()

It seems that the argument is about the subjective aspects of the looks of Omega watches compared to IWC watches.

Everyone is entitled to the opinion of which watch they think looks better. However, a direct attack on another watch manufacturer is not the way to go about this.

My first mechanical watch is a Omega Seamaster Chrono which I thought was the best looking watch at the time I bought it. Now, my most favourite watch is my IWC Portuguese Chrono. I feel that eventhough the Seamaster is very sporty and is a relatively new design (of an older design), it is the very same thing that turns me off about it.

Omega just releases a new "updated" design on the Seamaster too often and there are too many variants.

The IWC Portuguese however looks timeless and sometimes, this is the attractiveness of the watches. The more we find out about watches, the more our tastes change.

There are some IWC watches which I would not buy but this does not make them bad watches. You might also meet a person who thinks that your Omega is one of the bulkiest, heaviest watch they have ever seen (and not as a compliment).

Besides the look of the watch, there are other aspects of fine watchmaking to be appreciated. I respect both Omega and IWC but find that IWC is better.

One day, you'll find yourself in the same situation as you were before but instead of citizens, this will be replaced with Omega. Who knows what your next rave will be?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE