The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

SomeThoughtsŪ about the outage...
In Response To: Lynch Mob, Lynch Mob! ... ()

: Seems many of us is here, so I guess I'm not the only one, who would rather not go

: without his or her daily watch fix. Roll call anyone? ;-)

I'm here. But I would be lying if I didn't say that I was having withdrawl...

: Mind if we stick around a bit, Derek? ;-)

A little background on the current outage...

I first noticed the TZ outage when I came back to the computer room after dinner about 7:30pm. I'm in the same Time Zone as Ashford, and I assume the TimeZone servers. I tried without sucess for about 30 minutes before trying Ashford's site which seemed to be working fine, I looked up some things (I see that Ashford is now asking $129 for an Invicta that it used to ask $89 for)... I see that Ashford is still up this morning. TimeZone remains down...

Is there anything significant with the timing of the outage? I don't know... But I find it interesting that TZ was up at 6:30pm and down at 7:30pm Central Time (US)... Central Time is 5 hours behind GMT, so the outage occured sometime near midnight GMT... Is it merely a coincidence?

I also note that ASFD lost another penny yesterday and published a Annual report yesterday... I haven't read the report in it's entirety but maybe there is something in there, but a quick search of the article on Yahoo does not show a hit on the phrase "time zone"...

It's all very odd... The outage, the timing, that Ross doesn't appear to know anything about what's going on (well maybe that's not that odd =)

The way I see it, there is a small but significant chance that TZ OF Regulars will need to find a new or at least different sandbox to play in. There are three existing established options: Zowie, Omega-Addict, OSPOG. I set up a Network54 forum a while back as an experiment which is another option...

I don't know, I hope it does not come to this. Not that ZOWIE and OA aren't fine places to be. They are fine places to be. But I sense that any transition will not be smooth or all-encompassing... In other words, while moving to Saint Louis worked out well for the LA Rams, the Colt's move to Indianapolis has yet to result into a trip to the Super Bowl and the current NFL Champions are the Baltimore Ravens not the Baltimore Colts. Then again who knows maybe the lucky site that is annoited, should TZ's outage be anything less than temporary, may be the next Baltimore Ravens... I hope that Derek and RJ are ready for the potenial onslaught!

-- Chuck
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE