The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Urgent: read this...
In Response To: Spedmaster in gold - Rare? ()

: tried to find something out about it, but
: couldn't afford it.

: The Ref.No. is "BA 345.0802.008 OE"

That is the model number, more commonly shown as 3450.80.20.08

: other "serials" are: 145.0039

That is the model number of the BRACELET.

: and 44'632'313.

That is the serial number of the watch--the most important number of the bunch. Follow the information on the Chronocentric page "Tell Me About My Omega" in the OMEGA section on this site for having Omega look up that serial number.

: There is engraved "apollo
: XI - first watch on the moon" in the
: back. Can anybody tell me, if this is a rare
: watch?

That engraving is on many models. But the solid gold ones are fairly rare because they are expensive.

: Maybe you may have a look at it at ebay:

Pardon me, but it seems extremely foolish to put it up for sale on a no-reserve auction BEFORE YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS WORTH! You could end up being obligated to sell it for much lesss than it is worth!

I would cancel that auction IMMEDIATELY and research the watch more before you sell it!

Messages In This Thread

Spedmaster in gold - Rare?
Urgent: read this...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE