The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Modem melter! (YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!)

wow, first off thanks Chuck! appreciated your captures, and sharing with us. too bad some got lost, but the ones you got are still great!

yeah i agree, it was a typical 60's era film with allot more plot than racing, but i watched it that way, so i wasn't disappointed. rather, i was quite impressed with as much racing as it did have, as i assumed it would be even more minimal than it was...and even more talking than there was.

i also enjoyed the old tracks, especially the monza at the end, and i was quite impressed with the effects for it's time. more blood than i would have thought they would show and even the dummy flying around wasn't all that bad. i should clarify though...i watch "b" and low budget films mainly, and i prefer stunts and models over computer effects. so my views of special effects are warped compared to normal movie watchers.

the music soundtrack kinda annoyed me, but i had to remind myself of the time, etc.

i did see lots of chronos on peoples wrists in that film, but no real good close-ups...except maybe one or two and they flashed by pretty quick. you're absolutley right though many more hand helds with close ups that were longer, relatively speaking, like that minerva setup.

i'm embarrased that you spotted more detail than i, while you were multi-tasking and i was was just watching.

on my technology statement...i should clarify i don't have a dvd player in my computer. i've been waiting for my windows system to die, so i could upgrade? at this point, since i only use it for internet and some office applications....i'm waiting for it to just die....like my vacuum cleaner, before i replace it as well. the thing is, they both seem to just run forever.

so i have no screen shots....i was talking more about watching on the tv with remote in hand and trying to advance screen by screen and zooming in to identify one. that's the best i can do for now, until my computer quits and i upgrade.

anyways, sorry for the long reply...appreciate the captured shots and the restrictor plates! good eye.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE