The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 1968 Rolex Daytona, w/ Provenance / History

Holy Cow Jeff:
I had no idea the value of these. Is this value because of Vics ownership?
I have a (to me ugly champain dialed) mod. has a VJ72 and is ingraved on back from a race team We all got one. Do you think any ingraved Daytona race Rollers are worth so much or just with good provonoce?

We have moved a good bit of my old stuff is away now.
I am not a roller guy so I may have to dig it up. My wife always wants me to sell something. I never have. Maybe a nice world trip would make her happy with the sale of 1 watch.
Humm Bad time for a world trip.

Amazing
Have a good summer crew!
PSB
PS The above is a 1974?
-----------------------------------------
: depending on which version of the Daytona
: (plain 6239 or exotic / Newman version), and
: what the condition might be, I would guess
: $30K to $50K, and maybe considerably more.

: any idea which version?

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE