The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Hardly the Daytona Expert
In Response To: Hardly the Daytona Expert ()

I beleive the market for vintage Rolex is going to fall due to the amount of fakes in circulation. This is now a market full of very good copies with valjoux 72 movements etc. Its the riskiest one to buy in due to the fraud so people aren't taking the risk as much of buying in it. For an example try the crooks Auction site e-bay and see for yourself, hell you can buy every part to make one up.
Now would be the time to sell such a piece especially with history a photographic evidence that can reassure a buyer of authenticity.In fact it would be best to sell in Antiquorum
nic

: Peter: I am hardly the Daytona expert, but I
: have started trying to learn something about
: these chronographs. Seems that the
: "plain" ones start in the $20K to
: $25K range (reference 6239; plain non-screw
: down pushers, with non-exotic dial) . . .
: the exotic / Newman / screw-down guys seems
: to pick up at around the $30K mark, and move
: up very quickly from there.

: In terms of the racing provenance, I suppose
: the questions would be -- which driver?
: which team? which series? what event?

: check the sock drawer first, desk drawer might
: be next . . . let's hope it ain't at the
: bottom of the tool box!!

: have a super summer . . . will you be at
: Monterey this year? which marque will they
: honor?

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE