The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Two Pound Limit, But Not Yet

Charles:

you have inside information, so no M&Ms for identifying the chronograph from the register I have shown. [ chuck -- you've also been tipped, so none for you either. ]

you might be able to earn some M&Ms (two pounds per chrono) by lending me a couple of your chronos with the refinished dials, to be photographed in the super macro setting.

we have explored the Oversized Fakes, then the ordinary fakes, maybe it's time to shine some light on the refinished dials, along with the other "R" words -- restored, retouched and repainted. I believe that this subject will be less controversial -- either it is or it isn't; it can be done very well or very poorly; some collectors are OK with them and some aren't; etc. [ why am I thinking that cosmetic surgery / breast augmentation may pose some of the same questions?? ]

as we continue to deal with the fakes, frankens, frauds, refinished, restored, repainted and retouched chronos, let's just remind ourselves to also stay focused on the genuine, original chronos -- we shouldn't forget about them!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Do I get a pound of M&M if I can guess the
: watch make, name and details in the picture?
: Charles.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE