The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This is another one

Your are correct Shaun. The gold case has the Gold Hallmarks on the outside of the case instead of the inside. This is completely wrong. The movement has the Heuer logo signature which is a recent addition and appears to be engraved instead of the correct die stamped. A correct 18Kt. Gold Heuer Chronograph should have the "ED HEUER & CO" signature and the seial number on the bridge as will as the correct "Heuer" logo signature. This chrongraph is missing all these signatures except for the fake Heuer logo signature. I would deduce that the dial is a repainted or restored dial. It could even be a non Heuer dial with just a bad Heuer logo added to it. In any event it is not correct. I have also been keeping up with all the early Heuer Chronographs that he has been offering and I have not seen one that I consider correct. Charles.

This seller has offered about 5-10 of these
: perfect condition "1940s" Heuers,
: all different model styles in the last
: month.

: From what I saw, none of them corresponded even
: closely to models in the 1945 catalog on
: OTD, except the one in this link.

: At least the dial on this one seems (to me)
: possibly OK : some minor differences in
: register markings, but I don't know if every
: watch of this period was 100% identical to
: catalog. Also, it shows some wear but maybe
: that is a tactic as well. I know very little
: about movements, but interpreting what
: Charles says maybe this is suspect.

: I also noticed the non-Heuer crowns. For me
: that was wierd. Lets say maybe these watches
: are refinished or put together.. I would
: think that is alot of work, strange to put a
: wrong crown on when it must be pretty easy
: to find something that looks "OK"

: Did anyone look at the non-Heuers offered by
: this seller? Are they kosher? (my knowledge
: of non-Heuers is strictly non-existent).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE