The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Auction turned sour..

I was the lucky winner of an orange dial quartz diver(980.007) in a recent ebay auction.
This one has been top of my "want one" list for quite some time.
( just ask Jarl,who I nearly bullied into selling me his.Sorry about that,Jarl! : )
Anyway,this morning I received a message from the seller (thebalticman),claiming that there had been ebay technical problems during the last 10 mins. of the auction,and asking for my acceptance to cancel the transaction.
On the request cancellation sheet no specific reason was stated,and this sparked my suspicion.
I have received no confirmation from ebay that there really was any problems with this auction,and declined cancellation.

So my question to you all is; did anybody here participate in the auction,and can thereby confirm they did not get their bids registered?
Any previous experience with this seller?

I really don't want to be a hard-ass about this,but to me this seems like a case of seller not being satisfied with the final price,and wanting a re-list.

Any clues or opinions would be greatly appreciated,will post a link for the auction later on,as I'm at work and only online through my cellphone.

Cheers
Marius

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE