The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What is Normal when it comes to eBay
In Response To: Re: Normal? ()

I feel for you Marius.
I have recently had an eBay transaction go bad. Its the sense of sweet victory turning sour.
Our cases are not so similar in cause but have had the same effect, returned funds.
In my case i instantly contacted eBay but there "investigation" as far as i could see was to send me a standard form answer stating how important i was to them as a customer and how they take complaints seriously. Then no contact or action for days on end. I wrote twice more asking for an explanation but did not even receive a reply.
A good friend that sells heavily on eBay told me that if funds are returned (for whatever reason) eBay have a way too relaxed approach to the issue - prefering to use any investigative powers for disagreements where there is outstanding funds.

My advice : act firm and friendly to the seller. Dont make him your enemy and then ask for his proof that there were technical faults with the auction.

BTW - nice quartz Heuer - good luck on this one.

- Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE