The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: My poor man's Carrera
In Response To: My poor man's Carrera ()

Nice Hamilton Oliver.

You're right, the only original series Carreras with dates were the two versions of the 45 Dato (date window at 12 o'clock on the early version, 9 on the later version) and the 12 Dato calendar (by means of a pointer).

The Valjoux 72 and 92 movements used in the Carrera 12s and 45s and the 7730 in the 30s don't feature a date wheel. I don't suppose you know the movement in that Hamilton? I suspect it could be the Valjoux 7734 as used in the manual Carreras in the middle of the top row from this catalogue:

That would date it to 1969 on, as that's when Valjoux redeveloped the 7730 to include a date wheel, producing the 7734.

And of course we'd like to see your Heuers! And poor mans, and any other interesting chronos etc etc.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE