The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Watch dimensions
In Response To: Re: My poor man's Carrera ()

It's funny how a watch can look a completely different size than it actually is.

For example, the first manual Carreras seem tiny against the automatics, but I measured an example of each case type when I was working on the Carrera table and what your eyes see isn't always borne out by the tale of the tape:

2447 H 43mm, W 38mm, D 10mm
3147 H 43mm, W 38mm, D 11mm
1153 H 44mm, W 37mm, D 12mm
110.573 H 43mm, W 38mm, D 14mm
371.253 H 44mm, W 37mm, D 8mm
510.511 H 44mm, W 37mm, D 13mm

All measured just with a tape so not as accurate as you'd get with a micrometer, but all done by me using the same tape! So the major dimensions of the Carrera were actually fairly static across its lifetime, the biggest change was in depth to accommodate different movements. But you'd never think it to look at them...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE