The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Cool Divers!
In Response To: Re: Great Divers watch site. ()

Hi Filip!

Thanks for your help,and for your great blog of some really cool vintage divers!

I finally got hold of someone at Auricoste who spoke english (well,sort of anyway),but prices are quite steep these days,about 990 EUR for a Spiro.
But I ended up with the TAG Spiro,which I`m expecting within a week or two.

Still looking for a proper M.N. Auricoste though.

I really fell for the Squale watches,do you know much about them?I saw a couple of pieces on the bay,but the prices asked doesn`t match my wallet : )

Do you know where I could get one in reasonably good condition?

Nice to meet a fellow Divers fanatic!Cheers

Marius

: You could order the Auricoste direct via their shop in Paris up
: until a couple of years ago. I seem to remember they were around
: 550euro's at that time new.
: They show up plenty in France, some with the MN engravings, but as
: they have real history, they seem to be a bit more expesive (and
: a lot rarer too).
: If you're into them, look into the 'Squale' watches. I think they
: made the cases for all of them, but am not sure...
: I wrote a small bit on the Squale on my blog:
: [url]http://twilightdivewatches.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/berios-squale-master[/url]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE