The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Advice on production date/model of this '60's Heuer Chrono *PIC*

Hello All!
First post to this great forum. There's a lot of accumulated knowledge and passion that seems to be infectious!

I'm looking for some help identifying this Heuer Chronograph. Image of the dial is linked

In addition:
Caseback stamped with: STAINLESS STEEL BACK, HEUER-LEONIDAS S.A. , SWISS

Movement is stamped with : HEUER LEONIDAS S.A, SEVENTEEN JEWELS UNADJUSTED
together with a 7733 below the spring (Valjoux 7733 movement?). I can't see a stamped serial number on the movement.

I am thinking it dates back to the early '60's before the CARRERA?

Between the top lugs is stamped 113948. Is that the serial number? I can't seem to find any database that links corresponding serial numbers with production date.

Between the bottom lugs is stamped 7721. Would this be the case reference number?

I've done a few searches and can't seem to find this model. The TAG-Heuer site doesn't seem to have a database similar to Omegas for vintage pieces.

I would appreciate any help with regard to identifying the model and production year of this watch. In addition, I know it is frowned upon, but if someone could offer an assessment of its worth, this would be handy. Since taking the photo, the watch has had a service and is in good working order.

Thanks in advance, Brad

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE